Monday 4 February 2008

Feb 1st - Pheonix

With Skee well on his 18 hour journey back to L.A, it was Johnny's turn to take the wheel of ol' Susanna for the long drive to Pheonix. In all honesty I didn't catch much of the journey because I was feeling ill and was firmly glued to my bunk, all I know is this was probably the longest drive without stopping of the tour at 4oo miles....

We pulled up to the side of a lay by in Pheonix to meet Bill and Rob and we follewed the van up the next venue - The Casa Blanca. After about 5 minutes of checking out the venue we noticed we were a band member down.... Marty was still in his bunk. We sent Dan in to wake the dead only to see him back within seconds explaining Marty was ill and can't do tonights gig... We talked about the situation and came to the conclusion that whatever happens tonight we are playing this gig even if Marty had to sit this one out whilst me and Ash did the best we could with the vocals surviving as a 4 piece.

Stage time was half 10 so that left us about 2 hours for Marty to get himself in the best shape he could for what would be a tough performance. The end decision was that Marty would play and that me and Ash would help out the best we could.... We cut the set a little short because of the circumstances, and quickly left the stage ready for the Tattooed Millionaires.

Because earlier on in the night I heard what I thought was some bad news from home.... which I wont go into, I thought it would be the best situation for a couple of drinks, so for the next half hour of the Tattooed Millionaires the Jeger's went down nicely and after the set we ventured up into the after party which to be honest was a blur so I think now it's time for me to let one of the more sober members of that night to carry on the blog....

Freddy:Riot

OK, as the sensible, sober member of the band, I'll take it from just after the Mexican stage invader was knocked out by the lighting guy and dragged from the venue..Dan put him in the recovery position outside and left him in the cold...

The after party was upstairs from the venue and was in a strange art gallery with young American stoners playing drums and guitar whilst the 'audience' rocked back and forth..there was a distinct smell of a certain plant being burnt in the air, and for a minute I thought I had stepped into filming for American Pie 9..

The pipe being passed round now seemed to be spewing a white smoke, less Mary Jane smoke and quite possibly a little stronger..as it went round those partaking seemed to rock more and more as Justin from TM laid down a groove on the drums..I was starting to think I'd stepped into filming for the new Doors bio now..and ended up on drums myself with Freddie and Kevin from TM accompanying me on Tambourine and maraca, all that was missing were flowers in hair, although Freddie has been spotted in this look on other days during the tour..the party carried on way past dawn, and the Americans behaviour was getting way out there, so we decided to go to call it a night, no sooner had my head hit the pillow I was asleep, once we woke up we had to chuck clothing that clearly wasnt ours out of the bus window.....even I dont know where that came from..........

Less than 2 hours sleep before we have to roll on to the next venue - The George & Dragon in another part of Phoenix.

Special thanks to Aimee and her friends who mailed a 'care pack' that was waiting for us when we arrived in Phoenix. The box contained new socks, t-shirts, towels, tea bags, vitamins and other tour essentials. We love the American fans!!!

Scotty:Riot

No comments: