Monday 4 February 2008

El Paso - 31st Jan

Today is our second day in El Paso and fortunately the wreckage from yesterdays pile up has been removed, the Beatle is gone but we need too do some serious work on the bus as the air brakes are failing and we currently have sand bags stopping us rolling down the hill..

Rob, Martin, Bill and Dan went in search of the part we needed as the quotes of $500 to $1000 for labour didnt sit to well with us or the TM guys. Johnny and Dan seem to think they can do the job so that seems the better option. While they go in search of the part me, Ash and Freddie go to Starbucks for a serious use of their clean and lockable toilet, something I now have a radar for and then head to the local supermarket for a look around. I walked down one of the aisles and Ash had managed to bump into Tom Delonge from Blink 182 and was in full swing exchanging stories of the road, not only that but there were now 11 of us on the VIP guest list for his Angels and Airwaves show in El Paso that night..good work, and it goes to prove that Ash's well practised grooming skills not only work on young ladies....

After chatting with Tom for a while, who was a nice guy, we headed back to the bus where our 2 honoury grease monkeys were hard at work fixing our problem brakes. I kicked the tyres a few times to make sure I'd played my part and worked up a real hunger when a ginger angel appeared with a full chinese meal for 11, it was Amanda who had come and watched us the previous night and manages a local restaurant. Cheers Amanda, we owe you one.

Time flies and next thing you know we are in the bar next to the bus having free drinks before our night out, brilliant, if only we got this in the UK, everyone here wants to chuck free drink down our throats...not a bad situation at all. We shower in a motel and then head to the gig, we watched Angels and Airwaves from the side of the stage and it was cool looking out at the 1000 people loving the show, I was tempted to see if we could get up for a few dodgy Thin Lizzy covers after their set..but I dont think it would have been appropriate.

We go to the bar and end up drinking yet more free shots from the owner of the venue who treats us like kings, these particular shots were called Jackasses and consisted of Jager, Jack and Red Bull, and are fucking huge...they are so big that Freddie makes a new friend called Henrik Larsen who invites us all for tea at his house..all very odd. The owner cant wait to see us at a future date and wants to book us at the venue, maybe I'll wip out those Thin Lizzy covers here after all..

The party moves on to a club called Club Ice (which is also in Westbury for those Wiltshire dwellers) and has a bar made of ice, I was getting well oiled by this time and so cant relay to much as my memory doesnt serve to well, but I do see Ash making friends with every gangster in there, and also saw Freddie talking to a girl looked like a blow up doll, I gave her an arm wrestle and she just couldnt cope with the raw natural power I posess..What can I say, I'm an athlete....

We had an early start the next day so sensibly decided to leave Club Ice and move back to the bus, although once we arrive we cant resist the fact the bar is open opposite and so we carry on with what is fast becoming an absolute piss up, it is definately hazy from here, and I only remember snap shots, and actual shots and more shots...lovely

I love El Paso..

Scotty:Riot

No comments: